International Student Admission (Faculty of Music)
- From the Entrance Examination of 2017 Academic Year, either of the following tests is required to check your Japanese Language proficiency.
- For the entrance examination for international students (Faculty of Music), there will be no online system, but only a face-to-face system (examination to be taken in person at the college).
Undergraduate School (Faculty of Music)
|EJU (Japanese)||taken after April, 2019|
|JLPT||taken N2 or a higher level|
For 2021 Academic Year
For details on application, please download the following PDF file. *only in Japanese
|Department of Performance & Composition||Vocal music / Piano / Organ / Electronic Organ / String, Wind & Percussion Instruments *1 / Jazz *2 / Composition / Computer Music|
|Department of Music Culture’s & Education||Music Education Studies / Music Therapy / Music Information / Early Childhood Music Education Studies|
- String Instruments : Violin / Viola / Cello / Contrabass / Harp
- Wind Instruments : Flute / Oboe / Clarinet / Saxophone / Bassoon / Horn /Trumpet / Trombone / Euphonium / Tuba
- Percussion Instruments
- Jazz :Piano / Bass / Drums / Guitar / Saxophone / Trumpet / Trombone
Application is only opened to students entering from year one and students applying for any of the above-mentioned department as their first choice.
International Students of foreign nationality (non-Japanese) who completed 12 years of schooling or are expected to complete by March 31, 2021 or has equivalent qualifications recognized by the Ministry of Education of Japan. In addition, who meets all the following requirements and conditions.
- Change or renewal the status of residence to "Student" before the enrollment, except for those who are already "Permanent Resident".
- Obtain sufficient language proficiency to attend courses in Japanese without distinction from other students.
- International Students must find a guarantor of their own who is a working adult residing in Japan able to be responsible for the tuition fee and assume expenses and all the responsibilities while the applicant is in Kunitachi College of Music.
- Taken the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students or the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test is required. In case of EJU, it must be taken after April, 2019 and in case of JLPT, taken N2 or a higher level is required.
Application Submission Period
Friday, January 8, 2021 - Thursday, January 14, 2021
*must be received by January 14, 2021 and sent by express registered mail
1. Application Form
2. Official Transcript (latest academic background of the 12 years of education)
3. Certificate of Education or Certificate of Expected Graduation (latest academic background of the 12 years of education)
4. Letter of Recommendation from the Principle of the latest academic background of the 12 years of education
5. Copy of Residence Card (both sides)
6. Copy of Entry Visa if you have one at the time of application
Guarantor must be residing in Japan and could be responsible of the applicant’s identity and expenses liabilities.
We may request for a certificate of the guarantor’s financial ability.
If the guarantor is a foreigner, attach a copy of his / her Residence Card.
9. Passport copy of the personal identification page
10. Document of either of the following tests:
・Copy of the Examination Voucher of EJU (Japanese) taken after April, 2019
・Original Score Report or Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Certificate of Result and Scores of JLPT
*N2 or a higher level
*regardless of the date the exam is taken
All of the necessary documents shall be accompanied by a Japanese translation.
Please write all of the year number in Western Christian era and please send all of the documents mentioned above by express registered mail.
We may request for additional materials.
Entrance Examination Fee
|Faculty of Music||JPY 43,000|
Money transfer JPY 43,000 into the designated account and please note that you are responsible for all the fees related to the cost of transfer.
Method of Screening
Practical Exam, Japanese Exam (Japanese Composition (duration of examination : 60 minutes)) and Interview
*the Screening will be held during the schedule for local Japanese Students Entrance Exam
- Major Examination
- Vocal music - applicable only to Music Education Major, Music Therapy Major, Early Childhood Education Major
- Instrumental Performance Test
- Piano : applicable only to Vocal Major, String / Wind & Percussion Major, Composition Major
- Piano or Electronic Organ : applicable only to Music Education Major, Music Therapy Major, Early Childhood Music Education Major
- Performance : applicable only to Music Information Major (any instrument is fine)
- Sight singing : applicable only to Keyboard Instruments Major（Electronic Organ）, String / Wind & Percussion Major, Jazz Major, Composition Major, Music Education Major, Music Therapy Major, Early Childhood Education Major
- Musical grammar : excluding Composition Major
- Music dictation : applicable only to Keyboard Instruments Major（Piano and Organ）
- Choir exercises : applicable only to Vocal Major
- Japanese (all Majors)
- Interview (all Majors)
*for details, please look at the Application Requirements